BLEND


We live in a generation where the lines between extremities have drastically reduced. These blurred lines allow other elements to seep into the vicinity, thus creating a world which is dynamic and versatile. The new version to "survival of the fittest" have become "blending to survival". 

I should write a book on it. 


"Survival of the Blender" 😂


"Blending to survival- A guide to adapt and acceptance."😝



No, but on a serious note, importance to individuality, exposure to experiences, openess to new ideas-all these has been moulding the millenials to aspire of a world where the concept of "best of both worlds" is prevalent. Nothing is pure anymore.  F I N D   T H E   B E A U T Y in that.




I think all that pretty much explains what I do with my clothing and accessories, how I style them... basically, my aesthetics. Whatever I've created as a designer gives out such a big HINT of who I am, where I've been, and what I've experience over the years. With utmost respect to cultures built over decades, I try my best to keep some elements, say, techniques and tools, authentic while playing around with design elements. Now, how pure and ethical are these blendings with respect to cultures and traditions of the indigenous, I can't say. However, with the purest intention of keeping up with technological advances and activities pertaining to the current lifestyles of people, I think what I and the likes of me try to create is practical and lucrative.









W H A T    I    A M    W E A R I N G

Okay, now let's talk OUTFIT. 
Today I'm wearing my own designed top with a very Gujarati silhouette. Pure cotton block print cotton top like these are perfect for humid places like Guwahati and Mumbai where I reside right now. I've paired it with my current favorite denim from H&M. Oh I have to tell you this: This is the very first pair of distressed/torn jeans I own. It's a rare first because I have always considered myself experimental and yet torn jeans- I was always skeptical about. I wan't sure if it helped in defining my personality. But now, I couldn't suppress my inner urge to follow the trend. So, here I am! Pairing it humbly with a cotton almost-kurti-looking top.

For the look, I wanted a very juxtaposed feel- like a blend of street/ethnic/smart.

 SUSTAINABLY STREET SMART. 

The bag here is a water hyacinth (pani meteka) handcrafted bag by the craftsmen in Assam, a project under the CSR Division of NEDFi. Water hyacinth is traditionally a very hindersome plant which grows in the ponds and lakes of the Northeast region specially Assam and Manipur. This plant has been creatively put to use to generate sustainable products and provide a living to the community with a readily available raw material. I hereby also announce that I'm currently working on a project with them to develop a new collection of handcrafted  home products and fashion accessories. There are other projects in hand too and I cannot wait to reveal them in due time!

The scarf is my very own Vakiria Bloom scarf I had developed for EXPOSE´ 2016  fashion show in Aizawl. I still have a few last pieces left with me. Do mail, DM on Instagram or FB Messenger for price and order.






OKay, enough of the self-endorsement. 😂 I'd like to thank my mother for having the patience to hold the camera and click me, embarassing herself in front of passersby just so that people stop complaining about me being so M-I-A.😛





OUTFIT DETAILS

Top: Mawipuii
Jeans: H&M
Shoes: Marks&Spencer
Bag: Aqua Weaves for Mawipuii
Scarf: Mawipuii






Hope to write again soon! xx




Comments

  1. I love how you are so honest about everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are so honest about everything

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts