Surajkund Crafts Mela 2014

Like every year, our institute NIFT took us to the Surajkund Mela, our dept. on the 13th of this month. For those who are not from the capital or Haryana, Surajkund Mela is an annual fair where the hand-looms, handicrafts, cuisines, etc. of the country and other neighboring countries are showcased.
This time I had my camera and my wing-man to help me capture the essence for you (or so I tried). Here are some of the best shots I clicked.






Block Print

Let the tailor weave it's nest


Phulkari, Punjab

This train reminds me of Hugo.

Kantha work

Beautiful Applique 


Man working on Kalamkaari (pen-work)

Sheep wool shawl

Yak wool

Rajasthani ghagras

Beach-y. Lol.








The theme for the mela this time was the state of GOA. Colorful, Vibrant and Loud. The place was as busy as the decorations. People from all walks of life, students, working individuals, love-birds, rich craft collectors, foreigners, and all others were there and I've heard on Sundays, you'd get stuck in the Ticket Line for more than half an hour.
Surajkund is located in Faridabad, Haryana and is a long travel from the capital. However I never regret visiting it. Although I hardly shopped I did learn a lot about the handlooms and handicrafts of each state.

XoXo, until next time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts